Friday, May 16, 2008

6 Quirks-Tag

1. The dislike the wearing of name tags.


This is a particularly egregious experience at seminars when the speaker looks down into the crowd and asks you a question by name. I really don't mind wearing a name tag to make it easier for people to remember my name in working situations like the temple (though I do get a kick out of watching the "head bob" when they check out your name whenever they start a conversation with you) however when I arrive at a seminar and there is a pretty young woman who is assisting people by writing their first names on the name tags in large bold letters I know what's coming. I usually change the spelling of my first name to XHPaul when I register. When she asks how it's pronounced I say "Paul" the X and H are not pronounced on this planet.
______________________________________

2. I love esoteric jokes.

Rene Descarte walks into a bar and orders a drink. When he's finished the bartender asks if he would like another. He replies, "I think not." and he disappears.

Why did the chicken cross the road? According to...

The Bible: And God said, "The Chicken shall cross the road." And they did so. And there was much rejoicing.
Albert Einstein: Did the Chicken cross the road or was the Road moved under the chicken?
Ernest Hemingway: To die. In the rain.

The traffic on Meridian is really bad. People usually get across. Jewish ones get a star.
________________________________________

3. I use words like "egregious" and "esoteric".


And don't think that I don't spell-check on Google before I use them online. I may be a verbal snob but I'm not that confident.

________________________________________

4. I cringe when we get too wrapped up in the "what we do" or the "how we do it" instead of the "why we do it."

________________________________________

5. I like Barry Manilow music.

________________________________________

6. I want to wear kilts.

________________________________________

Tag-Alaska Diamonds, Oregomm, HoneyGram and Papa, POGM

1 comment:

Rebecca Pierce said...

I'll have to google esoteric, and for the record, I didn't get any of those jokes. I carefully read the first several times with no luck. Then I skimmed the rest. Some I may have gotten, but I can't be sure.

La Boheme

Why I Love Opera!