Monday, April 7, 2008

Poet Tree-Haiku

Today is an homage to the Haiku.

Three lines.
Five syllables.
Seven syllables.
Five syllables.

"General Conference 2008"
April brings new life
Promises of Spring, hope, peace
And a new prophet

Much appreciation to Rebecca for her contribution:

I once got a Hiaku published in the fifth grade.

"Birds sing endlessly
My heart dances to the tune
While I am silent"

I remember writing it and thinking about the hiaku movie we were shown wiht all this water dripping on leaves and stuff, and I tried to get really deep even though I was really only in 5th grade and if I'd been honest wiht my poem it would have read somthing like this:


"Josh is super cute
Someday I will marry him
He'd sure be lucky"

I knew the teacher liked the birds bit better, and boy did she. I think Josh might have been a little impressed as well becaue I think he threw rocks at me on the way home from school that day. My mom told me that was flirting. I totally loved it when he threw rocks at me after that.

1 comment:

Rebecca Pierce said...

LOL. Josh is a shoeless, tree hugging, anti showeing hippee who lives in his VW van in his girlfriend's driveway and mixes island jams at night in the clubs of Sacramento.

However, back in the day, he was my first love...a love documented in my diaries for about 15 years. Chris still gives a good eye roll when I tell him Josh is in town and we have to spend time with him and figure out something to talk about. It's not easy, but I'm REALLY loyal.

La Boheme

Why I Love Opera!