Sunday, March 2, 2008

Keanu Reeves Shoes



Diane and I went to Famous Footwear Saturday night after I was released as the bishop of our ward. As we walked in a very nice young lady asked, "May I help you?"

"Yes," I said, "Is this Famous Footwear?"

"Yes it is," she said with a perky little voice reserved for shoe clerks at the South Hill Mall.

"Excellent!", said I, "Can you direct me to the shoes that Keanu Reeves has worn?"

She just stared at me.

I'm going to enjoy not being the bishop.

3 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

So, what does Diane do? Is she embarrassed or tickled when you do things like this? It always seems that in couples, there will be one person who strikes up random conversations with strangers (me) and another who wants the floor to swallow them whole every time it happens (Chris).

I got a call from Mimi at 4:31...doesn't she know there's a phone mounted to the wall by the drinking fountain that she could have used at 1:45...letting me know of the changes to the bishopric. WOAH! I guess we all knew it was coming though.

You were an excellent leader, thanks for all your extra dedication and creative ideas. Take a load off and do enjoy the calm now!

Amanda said...

Oh no...I foresee the resurgence of "in mes pantalones" at upcoming family gatherings! hehehe

Congratulations on crossing one of life's finish lines Dad. I'll be excited to hear what your next church adventure will be. Maybe you'll be able to swap Cub Scout Pack Meeting ideas with me!

Diane said...

So, what do I do? Yes, I roll my eyes, and tell the clerk "It's Ok, he doesn't get out much." And in this story I also had to remind Paul that the clerk was 12 and that Keanu Reeves is an OLD MAN. Ah, youth. :-)

La Boheme

Why I Love Opera!