Friday, March 21, 2008

We Must Stop Dieting!

It was suggested to me that Shari's might not be the healthiest place in the world to meet for a group of people wanting to become fit. Let me offer a portion of a recent email as a response. The question that prompted the email was, "Does this mean 'no Easter candy?'"

"No Easter Candy?" is a very good question. The answer is a simple one but not obvious. The answer is yes. You may eat Easter Candy. Just don't eat ALL of the Easter candy.

Ask yourself, "Am I an unfit person in an unfit body or a fit person in an unfit body?" What would a fit person eat? Again this is a trick question. Only fat people diet. Only fat people have to do without. Only fat people suffer. Only fat people have to do feel deprived.

Thin people eat whatever they want and never get fat. So watch a thin person eat. They eat a whole chocolate marshmellow bunny. Then they walk to the mall to get another one because it tasted so good. They may even wear ankle weights for the walk. They may even walk at three and a half miles an hour pace. By the time they get to the mall they may have lost their craving for a chocolate bunny and have a cup of Madagascar Red Herb Drink and half a biscotti instead.


WE MUST STOP DIETING AND EXERCISING--THAT IS FOR UNFIT PEOPLE. Instead we must live the lifestyle we love-lots of adventure and activities--too many fun activities to waste our time in a sedentary life style.That's why it's important to start at Shari's. No one considers Shari's a nutritional place to eat. Dieters will never go there. It will be the beginning of our fit life and the end of thinking that we need to diet.

The scriptures say, "As a man thinketh, so is he." If we see ourselves as fit it's only a matter of time before we are.

1 comment:

Rebecca Pierce said...

Maybe if Shari's offered something tempting, but I tend toward really good, well made and not processed foods. I'm not necessarily saying "healthy" because I obviously enjoy my fair share of too much of a good thing, but if I went to Shari's it would look like I had self control when really, the food just disgusts me on many levels. Not that it disgusts most people, you go enjoy yourself some tasty scramble, but I'm more of a HG Bistro girl myself. Too bad you can't walk to The Maltby Cafe! Can't wait to read about your adventure. I'll be working in the yard with Chris, and he doesn't stop for breaks!

La Boheme

Why I Love Opera!