Saturday, March 22, 2008

Next Fabulous Fitness Forum Meeting March 26th Wednesday at 7:30pm

Our first Triple F occured this morning and was wildly successful. We discussed "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna on The Discovery Channel. We covered the four golden rules to weight control. The show can be seen on TLC (Discovery) on Sunday evenings. There are five episodes and we're going to explore the science behind Mr. McKenna's claims.

His Golden Rules so far are:

1. When you're hungry, eat.

2. Eat what you like.

3. Consciously eat.

4. Stop when you're full.

He expands on these principles on the show and so far they pass the test of credibility. The next show is on Emotional Eating. We'll watch it together at the next FFF meeting next Wednesday, March 26th, evening at 7:30pm at my house. If anyone wants to see the first episode give me a call.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

mmm... I like those rules! I've got them covered! I am not so good at number four, maybe that is my problem. I come from a long line of eating until it hurts!

Pb said...

Eating consciously is more difficult than it sounds. It takes forever (at least it seems so). In the fast paced world of motherhood I can see it being a big obstacle. Still...I ordered a deliscious tuna sandwich today without the add ons knowing that if I was still hungry after the sandwich I could order fries, potato salad, dessert, etc. I was full. I may have cookies later but I will face that when I'm hungry again. If I do eat cookies they will be wonderful. I'm not throwing away my health on cheap blah cookies. Of course two (cookies, not bags) will probably make me full if I have a big drink with them.

Amanda said...

Are there baby steps to consciously eating? That late night snack in front of the tv is going to be a tough habit to break.

My solution so far was to adapt our menu to include healthier evening snacks (yogurt, fruit, whole grain pre-portioned crackers or bagels). We've tried adding the activity...going to parks after dinner when it's not too cold, walking to the library. The problem is the kids go to bed early so we end up at home in the evenings with that tempting tivo full of our favorite shows and eating just seems to go along with it!

So what's the next realistic step?

La Boheme

Why I Love Opera!